The following letter would have been sent to all Eden Prairie Fastpitch families:
September 05, 2017
Retailers want to help Eden Prairie Fastpitch!
Dear Eden Prairie Fastpitch Parents:
We’re pleased to share some exciting news about a new fundraising program for our organization members. It’s called “scrip”, and it’s the fundraising program that works while you shop.
Scrip is simply a word that means “substitute money” – in other words, scrip is gift certificates from national and local retailers. They’re the same gift certificates that you buy at the store. Many popular retailers participate in our scrip program including Walmart, The Home Depot, Target, Amazon, Gap, Panera, Starbucks, AMC, BP, Kwik Trip, PetSmart, and many, many others.
You’re probably asking yourself how these stores help us raise money. It’s simple -- scrip participating retailers agree to sell gift certificates to our organization members at a discount. Member families like yours buy the certificates for full face value, they redeem them for full face value, and then you decide how the 95% of the rebate funds are distributed. 5% goes to the administration of this fundraiser and the rest you declare in the program agreement form. Everybody wins because:
- The retailer gets cash up front and repeat business…
- You get a powerful fundraising alternative that involves no selling…
- You get a fundraiser that you can do 24x7x365….
The beauty of scrip is that you put your regular household shopping dollars to work. You earn money that you can use for your player’s fees and/or donate to the organization without spending additional money. Just spend your regular shopping dollars with scrip at the stores that participate in the scrip program! Scrip can be used for just about any household purchase including food, clothing, entertainment, gasoline and even dining out.
There is no cost to you for this service and there are three main steps that must be completed prior to your first order:
- You must first create an online account at: www.shopwithscrip.com. Then click on “Get Started”, “Join Your Existing Scrip Program”. Enter EPFA’s enrollment code: 98C2942955836 and enter the required information.
- All payments must be made through Great Lakes Scrip Center's PrestoPay feature. The PrestoPay registration process is a multi-step process that takes 2-3 days to complete, so be sure to get registered several days before you wish to participate. PrestoPay setup must be fully completed before placing an order. If the PrestoPay option is not available to them at the time they are placing their order, they need to cancel out and wait. Any orders placed before PrestoPay setup is complete will be cancelled as there is no way to change the payment type after the order is placed.
- Upon enrollment, EPFPA requires that each scrip account or card issued have a completed Scrip Program Agreement and PickUp Waiver form on file, which can be found on the EPFPA website. If you have enrollment questions or filled out Scrip Program Agreement and PickUp Waiver form copies ready, they may be submitted via email to the fundraising coordinator at email@example.com. Failure to submit these documents will result in exclusion from the scrip program.
We also have several videos that cover the different topics associated to scrip. Otherwise, you can email the coordinator with any questions that haven’t been answered.
The Eden Prairie Fastpitch Association scrip program promises to be a simple and effective fundraising program. Thanks for your support, and we’ll see you on the ball field!
Scrip Program Coordinator