Arctic Blast Offseason Training & Conditioning Program
A. THURSDAY NIGHT CLINICS @ EDEN PRAIRIE DOME:
- Phase 1: Nov. 5th, 12th, 19th; Dec. 3rd, 10th, 17th
- Phase 2: Jan. 7th, 14th, 21st, 28th; Feb 4th, 11th, 18th, 25th, March 3rd, 10th, 17th, 24th, 31st
- AB 14u Teams: 6:00pm - 7:00pm
- AB 16u Teams: 7:00pm - 8:00pm
B. *SELF- COACHED*: 100 Swings a Day
If you really want to improve this Off-Season, you will want to keep a hitting journal (see attached).
Here’s what COACHES EXPECT from you as a smart hitter this off-season:
- Identify your favorite drill for each part of the swing mentioned below as well as timing, tempo and tracking.
- Commit to a goal of 50 -100 reps of each drill using the tee and/or coach pitch and/or dry swings three to five days a week.
- Rest from practice two days per week.
Here is a sample workout:
Monday – Stance/Load Drill x 100 reps
Tuesday – Approach Drill x 100 reps
Wednesday – Contact Drill x100 reps
Thursday – Extension/Finish Drill x100 reps
Friday – Timing Drill x100 reps
Saturday – Off day
Sunday - Off day
- Timing is when you Load
- Tempo is how you Load
- Tracking confirms or rejects what’s next – Approach, Contact, Finish/Extension
NOTE: Understand it takes 3,000 reps to develop a habit and that the off-season is when you should be developing those skill and building those habits!
II. Pitching & Catching Clinics
What: Pitching & Catching Clinics
Where: Eden Prairie High School Gym
When: Sunday Nights at 5:30-7:00pm
Pitching Instructor: Ashley Walker - Winona State graduate and current Shakopee High Assistant Varsity Coach
Dates: SUNDAYS http://www.epfastpitch.com/
Additional instruction and group lessons to happen in December and January. In the process of developement.
III. Strength Training & Conditioning Program
NOTE: If you are participating in a winter sport and/or already participating in your softball high school team’s strength training program then this optional.
A. Strength Training
(You will be provided a training program for the programs listed below. In addition, you will be provided a workout log to track your progress and submit to your team’s coach) – 2 options for this requirement:
- Option 1: Use a Gym Facility
* For example, Eden Prairie Community Center Cost is $30/mo. for temporary membership. Players can either workout as a group or they can train on their own.
- Option 2: Self Training In-Home
* This program will focus on body weight exercises
If you have any questions, please feel free to email us at