Can 7th and 8th graders tryout for high school softball?
Yes. EPHS allows 7th and 8th graders to play in the high school program. Coaches make the final decision on team placement.
How do we get information on what's happening?
Check this website regularly. Coaches will provide information to players, as needed.
How do we get started?
The two most critical things that you need to do to play at the high school level is
- GET A PHYSICAL. An up to date physical for all athletes participating in high school athletics is required in order to play. If you need a physical make the appointment now! Without a physical on file at the EPHS Activities Office, you will be unable to finalize registration, and players will not be allowed to participate in team practices. Make sure to keep a copy of the physical, then drop the original off at the Activities Office at the high school. Once they receive it, they will flag your Parent Portal account appropriately for you to finalize registration. The Minnesota State High School League's 2019-2020 Sports Qualifying Physical Examination Medical Eligibility Form can be found at this link.
- Register for the upcoming season through the Parent Portal on the EP Schools website
- Log in.
- Click on More at the bottom of the menu on the left side.
- Click on the My Payments Plus link (on the right side, under the Quick Links section).
- Create an account or log in.
- Use "softball" as a keyword search in the Seach Activities finder to find "Softball 9th Grade 2020-2021".
- If your daughter's physical is on file with the HS Activities Office, you will be able to add HS Softball to your "Cart"
What dates/times are captains practices?
Captains practices are not being allowed this year.
What date/time is tryout?
Tryouts begin Monday, March 29. Tryouts are from noon-3 p.m. each day that week. Times will change in subsequent weeks because softball shares the dome with several spring sports. Coaches take the first week to ten days of practice to decide what team to place players on. Traditionally 7th and 8th grade players are placed on the 9th grade team (aka B-squad).
Is there a parent/player meeting for 9th grade softball?
All high school sports are required to hold a PAC (Parent/Athlete/Coach) meeting. This meeting is to go over the expectations of the program and to communicate the plan for the season. A virtual PAC meeting is scheduled for March 22. Time is not determined.
Are there required colors for the equipment if she makes the team that she will need?
With the school colors being red and black, everything that we do is a combination of those colors. EPHS provides jerseys to players (need to be returned at the end of the season) but all other pieces of equipment are provided by the players. All players must have a single colored black helmet for the high school season.
Will there be any additional fees if she makes the team besides the registration fee I paid on the portal?
Nope, EPHS does an in-season fundraiser but all that will be discussed at the PAC meeting.
There will be more information added to this page as time allows. If there are any questions please feel free to reach out to Scott Welter at